Please join us at Five and Ten on December 1, 2009 at 6:30 PM for a six-course dinner accompanied by Châteauneuf du Pape wines. According to the American Institute of Food and Wine , Mr. Robert Parker stated that, "2007 is the greatest vintage I have tasted in my thirty years working in the Southern Rhône." These are wonderful autumn wines that will surely warm your palate on a chilly evening.
1. seared scallops: woodland baby carrots, crushed edamame, soy brown butter, sesame
CDP blanc, Cuvee du Vatican, 2007
2. puy lentil soup with merguez sausage, yogurt, pomegranate
CDP rouge, Bousquet du Papes, 2007
3. duo of pork: tenderloin & belly with grits, mustard greens and redeye gravy
CDP rouge, Domaine Lafond, Roc Epine, 2007
4. Jamison lamb shank with ratatouille, salsa verde and grenache enriched braising jus
CDP rouge, Domaine Olivier Hillaire, 2007
5. Bittersweet Plantation cheeses
CD rouge, Mas de Boislauzon, 2007
6. tiny apple tart
$120 per person plus tax and tip.