If you have never tasted sorghum, please try it. You can buy it at Gosford or call up Muddy Pond Sorghum Mill and they will send you some.
Shae's Sorghum Ice Cream
4 cups milk
2 1/3 cups cream
6 egg yolks
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups sorghum
1. Scald milk, cream, salt, and vanilla
2. Beat yolks, sorghum and sugar together until pale
3. Temper yolks in hot milk mixture
4. Return to heat and stir constantly until thickened to coat spoon
5. Chill and then spin (according to ice cream make instructions)
6. When done spinning add swirls to finished ice cream if desired*
*Sorghum gets very thick when cold so use a small stream of sorghum and fold while pouring.