Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Drink a Margarita at The National



The staff of the Athens Banner Herald went in search of the perfect margarita to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with. They found The Margarita at The National to be a 9 out of 10! Stop by today and try for yourself.


Here is an excerpt from their piece...to read the full article, click here.


"Like everything I've ever eaten at The National, this margarita was fresh and delicious. And by fresh, I mean house-made triple sec, with the limes, oranges and lemons squeezed right in front of me by the lovely bartender, Emily. Emily explained the recipe for the triple sec comes from Chuck Ramsey over at sister restaurant 5 & 10 in Five Points. Ramsey shared it with National co-owner Chris Luken, who adapted it and made it his own. Emily used Cuervo Gold. And let me just say, this was the finest margarita I've ever sipped. With most margaritas, you get that little synthetic-flavored twang on the back of the tongue as it goes down. Not so here. And being someone who likes to avoid fructose-corn-syrup sweeteners anyway, I hate to drink the bottled stuff (though I will, of course, make an exception). You could even say this is a "healthy" margarita if you wanted to. At any rate, National, I think you spoiled me for good. This earns a 9." JULIE PHILLIPS



The National, 232 W. Hancock Ave.

Related Posts with Thumbnails